The perfect Eco-friendly container that's perfect for lunches or trips to the park.
To get started you will need. Fabric, Ripstop nylon, Ribbon, Velcro: fabric supplies.
1. Cut two rectangles of patterned fabric and ripstop nylon, each 13x7".
2. Pin right sides of fabric together, with nylon on the outside.
3. Fold two pieces of 5" ribbon in half and pin them, centered on each short side. The loop should be toward the inside and approximately 1 1/2" of the tails should be showing (so the tabs can be reinforced when you stitch the Velcro).
4. Stitch each short side using a 1/2" seam allowance.
5. Turn right side out and iron the fabric side on a warm setting.
6. Pin Velcro to each short end on the ripstop nylon side, approximately 1/4" from the seam edge, as well as 1/4" from each raw edge (this will cut down on the bulk in the finished side seam).
7. Stitch Velcro in place using two lines of stitching.
8. Fold in half, right sides together, and stitch down both sides approximately 1/4" from the edge.
9. Turn right side out, press and stitch down each edge with just slightly more than a 1/4" seam, enclosing the inside seam.
These snack baggies are even machine washable- turn them inside out, place an extra piece of loop Velcro over the hook Velcro so it doesn't catch on other items, then Wash and dry as normal with like colors.