We saw these tin can stilts this summer at a local festival. Every child that walked by could not resist stepping on and giving them a try, including ours. At the summer festival some were made from cans like these and others were made plastic buckets. We looked around our house and found cans and some yellow rope to create ours.
1. We spray painted the cans white, you could choose any color or leave them plain.
2. Drill holes on two sides of each can.
3. Measure the length of the rope handles for the height of your child.
4. Poke the rope handles through the hole and tie a knot to keep it from slipping out.
5. Ready for little legs to go walking.
A Few of My Favorite Spring Things
10 hours ago