Wednesday, September 16, 2009

creamy cucumber dill sauce



Here is a recipe that we have had about once a week lately. One because we have had plenty of cucumbers in our garden and two because it is fast and easy when it is hot outside and I don't feel like cooking dinner. This is a creamy cucumber dill sauce that we have inside a tortilla or pita pocket bread with sliced tomatoes. If some of your family members are wondering where the meat is (most husbands) then this is also very good with shredded chicken (I really like it this way too).
This is one of my favorite summer meals.

Creamy Cucumber Dill Sauce
3-4 Large Cucumbers
1 Cup of Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 Tablespoon Vinegar (I use whatever I had on hand)
Onion (The original recipe called for one small onion but that is too much for me. I add just a little bit diced if I have one in the fridge or a little sprinkle of dehydrated onion.)
1 Tablespoon of Dill
Salt and Pepper to taste

Peal and slice cucumbers and mix all ingredients together. I have noticed that this is one of those recipes that tastes better when the flavors all have time to blend together so if possible let is sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Hope you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We love to hear from you. We do moderate them first so that is why they may not pop up right away. Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails