Tuesday, December 8, 2009

simple christmas ornament

My sister has some similar ornaments like these on her Christmas tree and they are some of my favorite. This year I finally decided to make some. They are really quite simply to make.

1. Begin with some clear glass christmas ornaments. Every craft store has some in many different sizes. I found these at Hobby Lobby. They can be a little tricky to find this time of year because they are a popular item.

2. Find an image that you would like to use. It could be a family picture, you can scan an image in, or use an image on your computer.

3. Decide how big your image needs to be for your glass ornament. Mine was a square about 2.5 inches. You can put many of one page and then print them out.

4. I took mine to a local copy center and had it copied on to a transparency. This allows you to see the image from both sides.

5. Cut them out and round the corner to create a circle.

6. Roll them up and stick them into your glass ornament. I used a pair of tweezers to get them positioned just right.

7. I added a little glitter snow to sit in the bottom and tied a ribbon to the top. All Done!!

I love how you can personalize these with whatever picture you would like. We made a bunch for little gifts for friends and teachers. I now need to make our tree some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comment! We love to hear from you. We do moderate them first so that is why they may not pop up right away. Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails