Tuesday, November 3, 2009

make a monster friend

A little late than never right. Sorry for the gap in posts. We were having a few technical difficulties and we were also busy Halloweening.
My girls have loved these so much that I thought I would post this anyway. I have seen something similar here at Family Fun.


First I had each child choose scraps of fabric they wanted. You will need two body shapes (whatever you would like). It might be fun to have your child draw a shape and use that. I just cut out a shape. Next you will need two legs, two arms, a pocket on the back (optional), and face materials (buttons, ribbon, beads, felt, etc.)



With the legs and arms already stuffed place all of the parts on the inside and sew around the body shape.


Leave a hole to turn it right side out and then stuff the body and sew up the hole. The most fun for my little one was creating it. They loved to design their own monster.
An after thought I had was to cut out a little felt heart and place that inside while stuffing the body (something similar the Build-A-Bear).

***These little monsters became very helpful at our house because they are not afraid of the dark and will help you at night if you get scared.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I especially liked letting them design their own. This seems like an imaginative, simple way to spend creative time with children or grandchildren. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment! We love to hear from you. We do moderate them first so that is why they may not pop up right away. Thanks again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails